Well the verdict is still out on whether Samuel has colic or if he is just touchy. Sometimes he just seems impatient. Alesa suggests that the future may hold a number of battles between Samuel and his father over who can be more impatient, each person feeding off the other in classic father-son de-evolution. Perhaps here we are, at the beginning. If so, I'm motivated to try and improve in terms of patience.
There is another person in our house who has what seems like unlimited patience, Alesa. I'm not sure how she does it, but she remains completely unflappable in the face of shrieking cries and simultaneous demands from a two-year old. On this Mother's Day I am forever grateful for my wife, not only because she makes life with two children easier, but because she is someone I can learn from.
To think that we will be parents of little ones for the next few years is one thing, but to think about our Mother's raising us among several other children for several years leaves me completely speechless. Happy Mother's Day to both Grandmothers!

No comments:
Post a Comment