We've move into our new (to us) house on the Black River and have virtually no time for blogging. But I'm taking a couple of minutes of my lunch break to provide you with a quick story that made a tear come to my eye. I only wish I would have been there to hear it first hand....
Most of you know that we do not have cable TV or satellite or any of that stuff, yet I love to watch baseball. The only chance I get is Saturday afternoon on Fox Saturday baseball at 3pm, which typically coincides with the same time Halene (2&1/2 yrs) wakes up from her naps. She wakes up, I give her a bowl of my popcorn and a sip of my beer and we sit and watch the game together. We have not done this in quite a while with our recent vacation and move to the new house. In fact, the last time we watched baseball was the all-star game at the beginning of July. I lobbied Alesa to let H stay up past her bedtime to watch an inning of the game with me. After nearly 2 hours of the dog and pony show that was the pregame show we actually got to watch some baseball. By this time H was so tired that she could barely hold her head up but was also running around all at once. However, I remember sitting her down when Joe Mauer came up to bat. I told her about how he was on my fantasy team and that he might be the best hitting catcher of all time, etc, etc...That is the first and only time I recall ever saying Joe Mauer's name to Halene.
Now fast forward to this morning, a month later. Alesa just called me and told me that Halene told her that she was playing baseball with Joe Mauer! Unreal. How did she remember his name from that one instance a month ago?
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment