Monday, October 6, 2008

More trouting...



Thursday afternoon I met up with Uncle Johnny Poppers in NE Iowa to do some trout hunting. You won't see any pics of John because I'm lame and didn't take any. You will see some of me because John is a good friend and also a good photographer. I made the 40 minute drive south while John made the 2:40 drive north. John camped on the creek so that he didn't have to drive home in the dark and the two of us shared a nice camp fire as the sun passed behind the hills.

On the way home I listened to Sarah Palin spew nonsense about how having virtually no experience in public service somehow qualifies her to hold the 2nd highest office in public service. Come to think of it, John and I should run for president and vice president. We spent the whole afternoon being pretty ordinary, that should score of some points with the RNC. Too bad the trout were looking for less ordinary fisherman because we didn't do all that well fishing. We picked up a few fish here and there on grasshopper patterns and nymphs. We saw some big fish as we peered over the bank of a deep and clear hole, but we spooked them when we tried to get within casting range. All in all it was a good day, bright and sunny.
































No comments: