Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Toys

I got some new toys in an effort to make fishing a bit more convenient. We live only about 4 blocks from the river. Its close enough that I could carry my canoe down to the river but then I'd have to walk back to get all my fishing gear. So I've been loading all my fishing gear into the car, putting the canoe on top and driving the 4 blocks to the river. Lame!

Answer, wheels for the canoe.

The portage to the river...
A little picnic before fishing...

Halene testing the water and mom's patience...

In addition to the new wheels, I also got some floats and a rowing set-up. Check it out:

I was mostly out to test the new gear but I got into some fish as well. I lost a couple of nice bass and boated a half dozen little ones like this:

No comments: