Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Skiing and Fishing

What a difference a couple of days makes! On Saturday it was 20 degrees, snowing, and I was skiing with Halene. Today it was close to 40 degrees, sunny, and I went fishing.  Enjoy the pics.

The sunset against the north slope of the valley was beautiful.
The biggest fish of the day was fooled by a midge larva fished deep and slow. He was a strong bodied fish and he made me work to get him to hand. 
This was my first fish of 2009 on a dry fly. Note the griffiths gnat on the tip of her nose. I took the fish from the far bank, across a riffle where she was feeding constantly on midges drifting by. The midge hatch lasted about an hour. It was pretty slow, as midge hatches can be, but a number of fish were rising and it really made my day.
A view of the bluffs just a few days ago.
Halene taking a little nap while dad hits the trails. 

No comments: